Thursday, March 4, 2010

REUNION

*** I was really excited about attending a school reunion a while back . I wanted to see my old buds from long ago . Sad to say ,the night turned into a horror show .

First off, I had trouble finding the right room . I followed the directions & looked inside the room. I didn't see anyone I recognized, just a bunch of Senior citizens on a night out . I tried two other rooms but the same thing.

I returned to the first room where the young man making the name tags insured me I was in the right room . I got my name tag & went on in .

Once inside panic seized me . I did not know a single soul . Surely this was not the right group. Not this bunch of old codgers in life's final days .

Then I looked at the name tags . Many of the names I knew but not the person wearing the tag .

The sports stars didn't look they could run to the restroom without stopping to rest twice . Two of the boys voted Most Handsome looked old enough to have been with Noah when he landed the ark. The Most likely to Succeed looked like he fell out of a dumpster.

As bad as the guys were the girls were much worse. Too fat , too thin , hair either dyed or white . They looked my my Grandmother's friends who used to come over & play Rook . All they were missing was the snuff. It was Assisted Living Night Out.

Who were these people & what had they done with my friends ?

Not a single one knew me or was aware of all the wonderful things I had done .

Then it happened . This creature headed toward me . If this had been a costume party she would have been a bale of cotton splattered with mud . She had blue hair , had so many winkles you could call her raisin
,& was a few cheeseburgers light of 300 lbs .

I didn't recognize her but I did the name . She was the school Heart- Breaker, the Queen of many nights, & Miss Hot Stuff herself.

I didn't think she knew I had ever lived . Best I remember she would not have thrown water on me if I was on fire .

She walked up to me & screeched " I remember you from school but I can't remember what it was you taught "

I went ballistic. I tried to nail her with my best Tojo Yamamoto chop but those security guards carried me out before I could unleash it.

I am never going to a reunion again . Those OLD PEOPLE are crazy.

THANK YOU FOR READING

No comments:

Post a Comment