Wednesday, February 24, 2010

THE WAKE UP CALL

*** About 10 years ago I was spending a few days in College Station Texas. I was staying in a hotel on the corner of Texas / University avenue .

This hotel had the best complimentary breakfast you could want. Eggs ,bacon, sausage, waffles, pan cakes ,juice & the whole load. They also had the Dallas , Fort Worth ,& Houston newspapers.

You could find me there every morning ,reading & eating . That is what I was doing when the Lady approached the desk .

This fine thing was wearing a Jacques Vert suit which set her back a couple of Grovers . A Grover is a 1000 dollar bill so called because Grover Cleveland's likeness is upon it.

She was also sporting a gold Cartier watch & a bunch of gators had to die for her purse & shoes. I don't think she had her hair & nails done at Mona's Style & Profile in Medina either. She was about 10 pounds over perfection ,her only flaw.

This vision stepped up to the desk & said " I am Ms Burk in 317 . You failed to place my wake up call . As a result I am late for my meeting . I will receive a 6:30 call tomorrow or I will hold you responsible . " Then she turned & stalked out .

I could hardly wait . The next morning I was up at 4:30 . At 4:45 I dialed 317 . A voice heavy with sleep answered " Hel - Hello ". I spoke loudly " Ms Burk , It is time you got your FAT BUTT up ." I hung up & ran for the lobby .

I did not have long to wait . Here she came like Hurricane Katerina hitting the coast . Baby Doll had rollers in her hair ,some kind of cream on her face , an old raggedy white robe & one flip - flop.

She was breathing hard & blazing fire when she hit the desk . The little guy behind the counter was just off the boat from New Delhi but his eyes widened with fear when he saw her .

She leaned as far over the counter as she could & screamed " What the hell the matter with you ? What do you mean calling in the middle of the night & making offensive remarks ?"

The little Dude was holding his hands in the air like a 7/11 robbery when she fired another volley . " I want to speak to the manager ,No I demand to speak to the owner right now" she howled .

I figured it was time to grab a couple of sausage & biscuits , The Star Telegram & head for higher ground .

When I reached the elevator I could still hear her demanding to be treated with respect . I wonder how long it took her to cool down & if she needed a wake up call tomorrow.

THANY YOU FOR READING !!

No comments:

Post a Comment